Monday, March 21, 2011

Cote D'Azur

I'm rounding out my epic Eurotrip 2011 by spending 4 days in Nice (and the surrounding cote d'azur). First of all, Nice is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The Mediterranean is gorgeous, the architecture of the old city is great too. Also, the mountains in the distance make the whole place look like paradise.


The food is also great. It's an awesome mix of Italian and Provencal, with like, a billion different flavors of gelato. (I may actually be the only person in Nice eating my personal favorite, avocado, but that's okay. All the more for me.)

On my first day, I took the train outside of Nice to a small town called Eze-sur-Mer (where Bono has a villa), and hiked about 8 KM from the small town to Monaco.

Monaco itself wasn't that exciting, but the hike itself was great.


Here's the Monaco yacht harbor...


The next day, I decided to take it easy and spend the day on one of Nice's beaches. I rented a chair for 10 euro and people-watched.



Afterwards, I walked around Vieux Nice some more. I'm totally fascinated by the buildings there, when the sun is out, they sort of glow.



Tomorrow, I'm heading back to Paris before flying out on Wednesday. Overall, it's been an amazing trip, and I've had a phenomenal time, but I can't wait to get back to see my friends and family.

Au Revoir from the French Riviera!

No comments:

Post a Comment