Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week in Paris

Since my parents have been here, we've been trying to catch up on the Parisian sites that we missed during our last brief vacation in Paris. On Tuesday, we went to the Catacombes, a mass grave near my dorm. It was creepy as hell, but ridiculously cool.




They essentially dug up a bunch of cemeteries and someone "artistically arranged" the remains. Apparently Robespierre was buried here once, but whether he's still down there is unclear.



After the Catacombes, I went to Montparnasse tower, which has a great view of Paris from the top.



It was cold up there, but I got some decent photos.



Then, on our last night in Paris, my dad took my mom and I out to the Hemingway Bar in the Paris Ritz Carlton. It was great, with lots of pictures of Hemingway (he once managed the bar) and delicious drinks (we only had one to avoid having to take out a second mortgage).




I had a pear martini, which was beautiful (and tasty!).



I left on Thursday to go to Bruxelles and Amsterdam, so I'll put up those when I get the chance.

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment