Saturday, January 29, 2011

My parents are here!

Today, my parents came from the states for a visit! They'll be here all week, and we're going together to Amsterdam/Leiden to see some family. So excited!

They were fairly (and understandably) jet lagged, so I tried to plan something a little low-key. We went to Montmartre and saw the Sacre Coeur, one of the 2 famous churches in Paris. It's in the very north of the city situated at the top of a hill, so the views are excellent.





Then, we went to cemetery Pere Lachaise, where Proust, Chopin, Edith Piaf, and Oscar Wilde are buried, among others. It was great, but I really wish I had had a map. There's no order to the cemetery, and exceptionally famous people are buried next to people no one's heard of. I might have to go back later in the program to find the ones that I missed.

Here's Chopin...


and Edith Piaf...

and Jim Morrison...

Cool, no?

Alors, c'est tout aujourd'hui. Bonne soirée!

No comments:

Post a Comment